Monday 10 February 2020

Read more about Harry's construction Apprenticeship with Co-Op....


 
 
 
 
 
 

Spotlight Blog

Harry Fletcher Co-op Construction Apprentice

Hi, my name is Harry I currently work as an apprentice at the Co-op. I chose to do an apprenticeship as I wanted to start my career while learning and getting paid. After leaving sixth form I didn’t want to carry on with education in a classroom environment and felt like university wasn’t for me. I started looking into the different levels of apprenticeships and felt I was suited to the Higher Apprenticeship. I wanted to gain real-life experience in the construction industry and also get a qualification. Initially, I was worried about getting an apprenticeship as most of my friends in sixth form chose to go to university, but I am so pleased I’ve taken this route!

I studied engineering at school and when leaving I researched the construction industry and thought it was interesting. I worked in retail during sixth form part-time and knew there was more to it when I was stacking shelves. When I saw the apprenticeship, I was really interested and started doing research into retail construction and I was eager to learn more. Having the opportunity to learn about the construction aspect of Co-op’s properties with knowledge about the retail world has been truly great.

I would like to emphasise that working at Co-op is always exciting! I have been given loads of support from everyone on the property team. No matter how high up people are in the company, everyone has offered to give me additional support to help me do my best in the role. There are so many opportunities within the business and I am learning something new every day. I have met so many new people internally and externally and this has really improved my confidence. All my colleagues have helped me with my assessments, and I feel like I have lots of support. Learning about Co-ops history I feel proud to work for such a great company and can’t wait to see where my apprenticeship takes me.


If Harry's personal story has inspired you to look into a career at the Co-op then fill out the quick form linked below and a member of the Pathway CTM team will be in touch soon. 
 
Register Your Interest!

No comments: