Monday 10 February 2020

Click here to read more about Apprenticeships with KPMG...

View this email in your browser
 
 
 
 
 
 

Spotlight Blog

Ellie Appleby KPMG 360 Apprentice

I have always liked to think that there is more to me than a grade on a piece of paper and KPMG have allowed me to prove just that! My name is Ellie Appleby and I am currently a KPMG 360 Business Services Apprentice. It would be all well and good to now explain why I chose the path I am on; that would be a standard thing to do in a testimony like this however, there is nothing standard about an apprenticeship with KPMG at all.

Picture this, when I was growing up I always wanted to start a business in my chosen field, attend University, achieve my degree (and enjoy myself along the way), walk out in the world of work and write my business plan and finally launch my business. The reality is the world of work is riddled and thwarted with curves and hurdles that without the relevant guidance, it is possible however much harder, to get to where you want to be. An apprenticeship provides the best of both worlds! By providing the support of those who want to help develop you professionally.

Again, the standard thing to do would be to follow suit and attend the normal education path to satisfy family or friends. The key thing to remember is that as our country goes through a period of change it is inevitable that the training and line into our workforce will as well. Experience is almost more valued and if this is supplemented with a qualification then even better - That’s why degree-level apprenticeships are so great.

I stepped foot into KPMG only 15 months ago and I simply cannot believe the opportunities that the Apprenticeship program has given me. With the close advice from all the professionals at KPMG I have never been more confident in my future and I am truly looking forward to seeing where I could end up. You could easily be in the same position, so my advice would be to explore your options thoroughly!


If Ellie's personal story has inspired you to look into a career at KPMG then fill out the quick form linked below and a member of the Pathway CTM team will be in touch soon. 
 
Register Your Interest!

No comments: